Main Forum
Page
of 7

Website Basics

65 replies
User Info
Our members roster is configured to show, among other things, age and gender in order to give some demographic information for potential applicants. If you're comfortable sharing, please do so. These can be amended by clicking on your name anywhere on the site, and then clicking the About Me side tab.

Characters and Games
It also includes a link to all game characters, which you are required to populate before getting a guild invite. This can be amended by clicking on your name anywhere on the site, and then clicking the Characters side tab.

To add a custom avatar, click your name anywhere on the site. Then, scroll over the existing avatar and click the pencil icon that pops up to edit.

Signature
For those wanting a nifty forum signature, select Account Settings from the pull-down menu in the upper right corner. Select Forum Signature on the left side (under Basic Details). Select the game theme you would like to use in the middle of the screen (they include all of our chapters: FFXIV, SWTOR, and WoW). Fill in the details and select all of the options to your pleasing. Once you've got one you like the look of, click the CREATE SIGNATURE button. Copy the BBCode text that appears in one of the boxes below. Go back to the prior tab and paste the copied text in the Global Forum Signature and/or Site Signature boxes at the top. Click Save Signature.

WoW signatures are also available to create at Sig Launch.

Notifications
If any of you would like to change the number of system email notifications you currently receive, select Account Settings from the pull-down menu in the upper right corner. Then selection Notifications on the far left. Uncheck those things that you don't want to be emailed about in the Email column. I would suggest leaving the Growl options as-is. You can also unsubscribe from those threads you've previously auto-subscribed to. Select Forum Subscriptions from the pull-down menu in the upper right corner. Select the threads and click the Unsubscribe button.

Note: I recommend leaving Enable email notifications to your registered email address, Receive a private message, and Receive a private message reply checked in the Email column.

pm_notifications.PNG

Display Name
When you created your account here, you used bob36547 as your username, not realizing that it would follow you around as your display name throughout the website until the end of time. Fear not! Click your name anywhere on the site, and then click your existing display name to edit. All I ask is that you notify Kaisa, as we track characters online using your website display name and will need to update it there as well.

Mobile Access
The mobile version of our website can be accessed directly via pandamonium.mobi. Enjin has designed this user interface for all mobile devices. Note that the initial release only includes the forum module. Future releases will include other modules and features. They have also released an Enjin app for iOS and Android.

Wiki
We have a community Wiki to house whatever our members think would be useful (raid strats, dungeon strats, technical info...). Feel free to take advantage - feel free to get involved in updating and maintaining.

Tooltips
Wowhead (WoW), TORCommunity (SWTOR), and XIVDB or Lodestone (FFXIV) links found on our site sport a rollover tooltip and sometimes an icon. For example, Fandral's Seed Pouch (WoW), Wings of the Architect (SWTOR), and The Ultimate Weapon (FFXIV) are achieved with the following codes [note: there is a known issue with FFXIV items not displaying correctly that Enjin is working on]. Simply use the game icons above the text box when drafting a new post to select an item for insertion.

Copy
[wowitem=122304]Fandral's Seed Pouch[/wowitem]

Copy
[torcom=211055]Wings of the Architect[/torcom]

Copy
[ffxivarr]The Ultimate Weapon[/ffxivarr]

There are all sorts of other cool things available, but these walk you through some of the basics.[/indent]
Posted Oct 8, 11 · OP · Last edited May 14, 18
but I like the 50+ messages I get in my inbox in a day. Makes me feel important! ;-)

"Too much consistency is as bad for the mind as it is for the body. Consistency is contrary to nature, contrary to life. The only completely consistent people are the dead." ~ Aldous Huxley
Posted Oct 13, 11
Many good avatars here for humanoids
Cloud CIty Central Computer

They also have a complete droid section and creatures. It's more an encyclopedia but all are nice square avatar format jpgs.
Posted Oct 16, 11 · Last edited May 14, 18
In most cases you would probably have to trim/resize but Wookieepedia is full of pics too. :)

"Too much consistency is as bad for the mind as it is for the body. Consistency is contrary to nature, contrary to life. The only completely consistent people are the dead." ~ Aldous Huxley
Posted Oct 16, 11 · Last edited May 14, 18
OK I should have read this before asking my questions. :anxious:
f89ead310cf54550.png
Posted Nov 4, 11
I wasn't sure where to post this question but didn't feel it warranted a new thread. How can we help with the voice server costs? the only options I see is for the website hosting. Are they included there?
vh9CEKS.png
Posted Dec 1, 11
They're paid up for the next year, but thank you for asking. :) Mumble should eventually have a similar clan-pay option, but Enjin (our host) hasn't set it up yet. When they do I'll definitely let everyone know.
kaisa_signature.png
Posted Dec 1, 11 · OP
ok thanks
vh9CEKS.png
Posted Dec 2, 11
Question on our avatars......I found a picture I liked, and it is now my avatar. However, it isn't like I want it to be (obvioiusly). Anyone know how to fix it?
165491_16d1fb62c99d3044.png
Posted Dec 2, 11
I assume you want it bigger? You could probably increase the size in something like Paint.Net -free download. You may get pixelation though. I am not much of a graphics guy so that is about the extent of my expertise hehe
d2c072cf06f15b60.png
Posted Dec 2, 11
Page
of 7
NoticeNotices