Main Forum
Page
of 7

Website Basics

65 replies
Enjin made an enhancement to the Characters section that allows you to track crew skills. Just edit your existing characters entries and you will see the new field options. :)
Maxim wrote:
We also added crew skills that will display as icons in the member list/profile/teams areas.
kaisa_signature.png
Posted Dec 20, 11 · OP
Woot! Go Enjin! :thumb:

"Too much consistency is as bad for the mind as it is for the body. Consistency is contrary to nature, contrary to life. The only completely consistent people are the dead." ~ Aldous Huxley
Posted Dec 20, 11
Hmmm... except they don't have it set up to allow 2 Gathering or 2 Missions to be listed. They should combine both those lists and have two drop downs of it. :/

"Too much consistency is as bad for the mind as it is for the body. Consistency is contrary to nature, contrary to life. The only completely consistent people are the dead." ~ Aldous Huxley
Posted Dec 20, 11
Ambrosine wrote:
Hmmm... except they don't have it set up to allow 2 Gathering or 2 Missions to be listed. They should combine both those lists and have two drop downs of it. :/

Looks like they've fixed/changed this. Edit your character(s) and take a peak.
kaisa_signature.png
Posted Dec 21, 11 · OP
My God they react fast to requests. lol

Also, did you notice this?
Maxim wrote:
A mobile version of Enjin is in the planning stages. We hope to start development Q1 2012.

Posted Dec 21, 11
I did, and that's very exciting news. Though the website is currently somewhat accessible on mobile devices, it can be persnickety at times. Will be nice to have something that works more consistently and strips out the unnecessary memory-hogs to increase load times.
kaisa_signature.png
Posted Dec 21, 11 · OP
Okay, in the past I've not really had a problem with posting a new Avatar.., but today it just won't budge.. Do they offer any guidelines for posting Avatar on Enjin.. It would be helpful to know what limitations they have to posting or upload sizes and formats that are acceptable.. like no JPG or only BMP or whatever they use..

As in what size must I save in, to keep my aspect ratio the same.. lilgrr. I is reposted my new avatar to the site 3 times now and it is still cropping the image I want to have in the forums, Oh well, If anyone knows what size the image needs to be, I'd be glad for the help..
576dc65e4b410fd3.png
Posted Mar 16, 12 · Last edited Mar 16, 12
If Enjin has published avatar specs somewhere I've never seen them. Aside from the suggestions in the first post of this thread, I would just make sure it's relatively small in size (mine is less than 50 KB). I've seen JPG and PNG work. I'm currently using PNG. Never tried BMP. Avatar uploading has always been persnickety with Enjin. I find that if I keep trying it eventually goes through.

Edit: Oh, and as for image size, I believe the default is 194x155. It then re-sizes it depending on where on the site it's being displayed.
kaisa_signature.png
Posted Mar 16, 12 · OP · Last edited Mar 19, 12
ok the edit is the key somehow I need to find out the other two sizes as that is what is causing my problem. Thanks for the reply..

edit btw i was able to upload at 110KB
576dc65e4b410fd3.png
Posted Mar 17, 12
A quick note about Notifications. If you don't want to get email spam from Enjin (which I totally understand), I would recommend at least leaving Enable email notifications to your registered email address, Receive a private message, and Receive a private message reply checked in the Email column. This way you will get notified when someone is trying to contact you via PM on the website.
kaisa_signature.png
Posted Apr 2, 12 · OP · Last edited May 9, 12
Page
of 7
NoticeNotices