Main Forum
Page
of 3

Conquer the galaxy!

27 replies
Dumb question, but the Pandamic toons do nada for this correct? I happen to have more viable toons on that side - I am converted to serving the glorious Empire, I assure you - so just curious. I assume not.
Posted Aug 16, 14
wrote:
...the Pandamic toons do nada for this correct?

Correct, unless we get enough interest to try and do this stuff with more than just the main guild, but I don't want to venture any guesses if\when that would happen as we would sort of be competing against ourselves.
Alema-rar, Axe-l Rose, Big'bad'wolf, Compass Rose, Hañs, Hoban Washburne, Jewel Eisenlipz, Joel-eisenlipz, Jubal Earlý, Kalatosh Zavros, Mungo-jerrie, Roza Shanina, Sparç

Alema-rár, Brian-williams, By'tor, By-tór, Jayne-cóbb, Malcolm Reynólds, Minsç, Captain Planèt, Shepherd Book, Shrék Ogre, Solaufeín, Zoe Alleyne
Posted Aug 16, 14
You could use them to farm the mats and money, but you wouldn't want to actually craft on them.
Posted Aug 18, 14
wrote:
wrote:
Do we have an exact count on accounts in the main guild? Can we do a clean house of those that haven't logged? Do we have the ability to add a 5th toon (or more) to the main guild?

This is a pretty valid set of questions, IMO.

Perhaps consider deguilding people who haven't logged in for an exceedingly long period, say 4-6 months? And then subsequent to that, allow active members to add additional characters to the guild, up to a reasonable limit, like 5-6.

I am all for this!
I am very active with my Panda I toons but I also have two Panda II toons that I actively use and could contribute to Panda I conquest points.
175799_fe66e45c84d2e724.png
Posted Aug 18, 14
I saw Kaisa /gkick something like 40 or 50 inactive toons on Sunday afternoon. So, there should be some breathing room for people who don't already have 4 toons in Panda 1.
Alema-rar, Axe-l Rose, Big'bad'wolf, Compass Rose, Hañs, Hoban Washburne, Jewel Eisenlipz, Joel-eisenlipz, Jubal Earlý, Kalatosh Zavros, Mungo-jerrie, Roza Shanina, Sparç

Alema-rár, Brian-williams, By'tor, By-tór, Jayne-cóbb, Malcolm Reynólds, Minsç, Captain Planèt, Shepherd Book, Shrék Ogre, Solaufeín, Zoe Alleyne
Posted Aug 18, 14
I am less active than a lot of you guys, so I don't mind only having 1-2. My sniper is going profiteering, but last time I tried to drop stuff in the guild bank, it wouldn't let me. Is there an officer that I can send mats to instead?
5c7042a4dcab063f.png
Posted Aug 18, 14
Cal
Equality has always been in the forefront of the rational to allow only four characters per member into Panda I, no matter their activity, rank within the Guild and frequency of play time. Having a few alts, I completely understand the reasoning behind the suggestion to allow people more than 4, but this question creates more questions and/or issues.

Do we allow members with;

PvP toons ?- As I understand it, PvP will be an exceptional way to generate conquest/prestige points

Crafting toons ?- Once again, crafting carries with it some rewards
Only crafting characters that have their companions maxed out on affection with the highest crit chance per that crafting skill?

Raid characters ?- GF operations carry some weight to the conquest/prestige accumulation

Life-members only, Officers only, Members who have a history of constant activity ( 3 months, 6 months etc...)?

Who is to administer those members who have been granted additional characters within Panda I and ensure that those characters are actually contributing more to the Guild's overall point total than someone else?

A member goes on vacation or business trip for a week or two; Do we remove all but one character in Panda I to allow those folks with "alts" to bring in more toons for that one or two weeks to increase our total Guild conquest/prestige points...

Just some food for thought as to the next set of questions that this topic might bring out

As it stands right now, every member, from the Guildmaster to the newest full-fledged member, has been afforded an equal opportunity to contribute in whatever shape or form they want ( if they want at all )
I am enjoying the debate being offered within this thread.........
Every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are.
Posted Aug 18, 14
The decision to allow more toons per member or not into Panda 1 (assuming its on the table) should not based on how these extra toons would potentially contribute to Conquest Points because the officers can not really know that and member goals will change day-to-day. What we need to ask ourselves is how do we offer the opportunity to members with more than four active toons to contribute more towards the Guild Conquests but at the same time keep enough Panda 1 slots open for the possible influx of new members. I think it would just be a matter of creating some simple new policies.

My idea would be something like this:
A. Allow all members a 5th toon for Panda I.
B. Allow members that meet some type of seniority requirement a 6th toon in Panda I.
C. Once per month, remove toons that have not logged in for a certain amount of time (TBD depending on guild needs). The officers could send a friendly reminder through the forums when that date is approaching for anyone who wants to log in to toons they haven't used in a while.
175799_fe66e45c84d2e724.png
Posted Aug 18, 14 · Last edited Aug 18, 14
I tend to lean towards keeping with the current status, Having it be 4 toons accross the board as Cal mentioned keeps an environment of equality accross the board for all members. I personally don't think applying some members with more allowance than others is really what panda is all about, even if it were to help with being a dominant conquest guild. IDK, just feels to me a little unfair. I understand the philosophy that allowing people who play a lot a 5th or 6th toon would increase conquest point accrual, but is that worth it at the expense of making a tiered system within the community is my only question?
PFT2kdU.pngfYOg0zG.png
Posted Aug 18, 14
wrote:
My idea would be something like this:
A. Allow all members a 5th toon for Panda I.
B. Allow members that meet some type of seniority requirement a 6th toon in Panda I.
C. Once per month, remove toons that have not logged in for a certain amount of time (TBD depending on guild needs). The officers could send a friendly reminder through the forums when that date is approaching for anyone who wants to log in to toons they haven't used in a while.

124 current accounts x 5 toons = ?
124 current accounts x 6 toons = ?
c.) that's a lot of work
Posted Aug 18, 14 · Last edited Aug 18, 14
Page
of 3
NoticeNotices