Main Forum
Page
of 3

Conquer the galaxy!

27 replies
Everyone from Member to Community Manager (even Chapter Officer) status are allowed a maximum of four characters, with Apprentices allowed just one. Full members are treated equally within the game and on the forums - the only difference is that some of us simply have more responsibility than others.

That sense of equality would be diminished if some members were forced to reduce the number of characters within the guild - because of any perceived inactivity (on their part) - all so that others may increase their character beyond the four allowed. Something like that could possibly engender discontent and resentment. I say the maximum character number of four should be maintained - and only adjusted further down if we get too close to the cap.

The character cap for the guild is at 500 - we have 365 currently in the guild. Inactive members are gkicked periodically. Before we talk about changing character limits for the guild, we should first see how things go with the update/added content. Worst case scenario is that characters can be shuffled in and out (I don't envy the swtor officers :p).
Posted Aug 18, 14
wrote:
wrote:
My idea would be something like this:
A. Allow all members a 5th toon for Panda I.
B. Allow members that meet some type of seniority requirement a 6th toon in Panda I.
C. Once per month, remove toons that have not logged in for a certain amount of time (TBD depending on guild needs). The officers could send a friendly reminder through the forums when that date is approaching for anyone who wants to log in to toons they haven't used in a while.

124 current accounts x 5 toons = ?
124 current accounts x 6 toons = ?
c.) that's a lot of work

Current allowance: 124 current accounts x 4 toons = 496 or just 4 shy of the maximum allowable limit.
We are nowhere near that last time I checked (365 toons) and the reason is because not everyone takes adavantage of the 4 toon allowance.
Again, for this to work inactive toons would have to more frequently be removed.
I'll agree that adding requirements for more toons can create a unequal tiered system, however, I believe a 5th toon across the board with no restrictions is achievable. Also, if a member's toon gets kicked due to inactivity that member can still re-log on to that toon and have it reinstated to the guild as long as the toon allowance is met. So it's not really about kicking inactive toons to make room for other members' alts.
175799_fe66e45c84d2e724.png
Posted Aug 18, 14 · Last edited Aug 18, 14
Cal
Maximum number of toons in a Guild has been set by BW at 500. Not 500 accounts but 500 characters
Every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are.
Posted Aug 18, 14
wrote:
I'll agree that adding requirements for more toons can create a unequal tiered system, however, I believe a 5th toon across the board with no restrictions is achievable. Also, if a member's toon gets kicked due to inactivity that member can still re-log on to that toon and have it reinstated to the guild as long as the toon allowance is met. So it's not really about kicking inactive toons to make room for other members' alts.

We didn't always used to have a four character restriction - it used to be unlimited. But at one point we got too close to the 500 member cap, so a change needed to be enacted and the change was fair. Activity within the guild goes back and forth, with some periods seeing more activity and other periods seeing inactivity. Summer is usually the slowest (most inactive) time of the year for the guild - it will pick up. To change the character limit now would create more work for officers now - and then later on if we'll need to reduce limits again (which is a very strong possibility). When we reduced the character limit, we had a grace period where players would be able to remove characters of their choice before one would be removed for them - which had the potential to create conflict. To be honest, it just seems simpler (and fairer) to just do character shuffling - keeps members who aren't as active from feeling guilty for "taking up too much space," and helps keep the amount of effort needed by the officers down too (believe me, officers already have enough to contend with as is - and having more officers wouldn't necessarily be the solution).
wrote:
Current allowance: 124 current accounts x 4 toons = 496 or just 4 shy of the maximum allowable limit.
We are nowhere near that last time I checked (365 toons) and the reason is because not everyone takes adavantage of the 4 toon allowance.
Again, for this to work inactive toons would have to more frequently be removed.

124 current accounts x 4 toons = 496. Everyone in the guild have the right and the option to those 4 slots. Right now those not utilizing them is what really allows us to keep recruiting. If we start expanding individual's toon limits in guild, we are taking away the possibility of other members to expand their own, member allowed amount. It's not up to you, or to me to say, "use it or lose it - because another person has the time or desire to play more toons." This can also lead to ourselves gimping our own recruitment efforts.

Additionally, tracking those current 124 accounts, and hopefully more as GSH gets going, is a lot of work to volunteer the officer team for just so we can have extra toons in the guild with the hope of not hitting the cap.
Posted Aug 18, 14
Also remember that we are looking to actively recruit and the new patch should help in that, as we will be seen as one of the most active guilds on the server (hopefully!). Each person joining and making it to member status would be allowed 4 toons. It starts to add up very quick.

Would be a lot of work to add in a 5th toon for everyone just to ask them to remove it in a month to make room for new members...

Also you only need 3 different crafting professions to be able to do craft anything for the conquest points, so 4 toons allows for some breathing room (in case you have a raid character that can't craft). If you have too many mats that 4 crafters aren't able to keep up and you want to see those points on the guild counter sooner, feel free to drop them into the bank. Anyways, I think 4 is still fine. I personally don't have an Armstech/Armorer in the main guild so I'll likely just drop my mats into the bank for those things.

---

Last note, for an in general reminder before tomorrow: Just because you are really big into the conquest doesn't mean that everyone else will be. You should not assume others will put the same effort and have the same level of care for it. It is not the Pandamonium way to dictate to others how they should enjoy their time logged into the game. I don't believe there will be a problem with this among the guild, but just making sure we don't see any harassing or bitching that so and so has been on for 4 hours and not helped at all.
Flagship has been purchased. Headquarters on Dromund Kaas have been purchased. Golden keys have been given to all officers. Our first planet invasion has been activated. We are on the leaderboards. Go kick some butt! :d
kaisa_signature.png
Posted Aug 19, 14
Val
I have just come back to the game, but would like to help. I never sold any of the mats I won from the older operations. I would be happy to donate them.
Posted Aug 20, 14
Page
of 3
NoticeNotices