2755405.jpg

"Anytime we step out boldly to make changes, we take a chance that we might fail. But the only way to get better is to try."

Details can be found in the chapter-specific updates below, but here is a brief overview of current community changes:

These changes will be reflected in-game over the next few days. What this means is no one has left the Leadership Team. We've simply shuffled around responsibilities to reflect game-focus and added some new folks to our bench. A big THANK YOU for their commitment to the Pandamonium community and willingness to step up. And thank you to everyone else for being a part of our continually growing family. Next Tuesday marks our 5 year anniversary since the Pandamonium name came into existence (and we just recently passed the 12 year anniversary of Phantom Knights' creation, our original guild that started it all). As evidenced by the number of you sitting in the audience at my recent wedding (and the in-person meet-ups that get scheduled on a regular basis), some of us have been lucky enough to create life-long friendships here. For those of you who are new to the table, consider joining our Steam group, add your tag to the BattleTag list, and get yourself set up on our voicechat server, Discord. These are simple ways to stay in touch with fellow Panda members outside of the game.

And with that, I will turn things over to our Chapter/Game Leaders!

1713336.png
Written by Kaisa.

The Pandamonium Council recently approved a proposal for our Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Informal Chapter to be converted into an Official Chapter. We have 35+ people currently playing. Crimson Nova transferred over as an Official Team there and will begin raiding as soon as everyone hits max-level. Keshi is in the process of finalizing the details for another official team. They have a stable roster and have raided over a half-dozen sessions already. Recruitment has started to pick up recently and we plan to focus on that more going forward.

We are all looking forward to the Stormblood expansion, coming in early summer 2017. For those not familiar with FFXIV, it was originally released by Square Enix on August 27, 2013. Set in the fantasy realm of Eorzea, players are caught up in both an invasion by the hostile Garlean Empire and the threat of the Primals, the deities of the land's Beastmen tribes. The game has received largely positive reviews praising it for its solid mechanics and progression. It includes a huge number of 4-man dungeons (40+), twelve 8-man raids, thirteen Primals (single mob 8-mans), five 24-man raids, FATEs (Full Active Time Events, which are dynamic scenarios, often battles, that appear all over), a complex and in-depth crafting system, world hunts, airships, regular seasonal events, player housing, guild housing, PvP arena battles, and much more. One of the coolest things it offers is the ability to level one character to max on every single job and class (including crafting). You can be a tank, healer, or DPS all rolled up into one person.

If you're looking for a change of scenery and would like to go somewhere with familiar faces, FFXIV is definitely worth a look. It's a mature game with a solid commitment from its developer, Square Enix. They have tons of community interaction (regular live letters, fanfests), a steady update schedule, and bugs are fixed quickly (as in, sometimes, the very next week or even day).

1036747.png
Written by Joel.

First, I should start by answering why I am the one writing this. If you didn't already know, I am the new Chapter Leader. I will try to lead by example, so please don't expect fancy speeches or anything. I work for all of you, so do not hesitate to contact me about anything SWTOR-related that you are concerned about or interested in.

Second, I would like to thank Amawyn, Wymsical, and Meilin for their service as SWTOR Officers and wish them the best in their new roles in the FFXIV Chapter.

Next, I want to say that I appreciate that so many have already played through the new expansion and formed their own opinions of it. In my personal view, here is the good, the bad, and the ugly from Knights of the Eternal Throne:

• With 9 new Chapters, Veteran mode for almost all KotFE & KotET Chapters, and 5 new Uprisings, Bioware Austin seems to have pleased most single players, small groups, and the story-only crowd with new content.
  • But many are still waiting for news about Operations. Stay tuned for an announcement of an announcement, coming soonTM to a Dev Stream near you!
  • The new DvL system (not to be confused with the recent DvL event), the removal of Expertise from PVP, and the new Galactic Command/CXP/endgame gearing system are all controversial changes, and I think only time will tell whether Bioware Austin's decisions will improve the game in the long haul.

Finally, I think everyone can agree that they are obviously trying to make improvements, and that they still need to communicate better. But a week into it, I think the expansion is pretty good, and I am still optimistic about the future of SWTOR.

1036745.png
Written by Alianin.

For those who have never played, WildStar is a Free-to-Play MMORPG. Think Pixar meets Firefly with a whole lot of sass. There's tons of PvE content, both group and solo, as well as PvP battlegrounds and arenas. There's customizable housing for every character and tons of character customization.

For those who have played, WildStar has undergone a number of changes this year. It is now Free-to-Play and is playable on Steam. There's new zones, expanded storylines, daily login rewards, new raids, removed faction restrictions, multiple Paths per character, and the ability to purchase a level 50 boosted character, among other changes.

This weekend the Power, Prestige, and PvP event is running which awards extra PvP currency. There's regular bonus XP events and coming up soon is the Protostar's Gala Winterfest Extravaganza. Activity in the guild and the game has dropped, but it's still a fun game to spend a few hours as a change of pace and there's still plenty of people around to help in the new global chat channel.

1386086.png
Written by Jackie.

Legion has received criticism, but is widely regarded as one of Blizzard's best expansions yet. With Artifact weapons, new class-focus questing, world quests taking over as dailies, and numerous raiding overhauls, World of Warcraft is getting back to its roots.

While player interest ebs and flows, as expected with any new expansion, Boondock Sith is going strong. Sledgehammer and Snoman are on the BattleTags post, so be sure to add your name if you play any Blizzard games.

* Reminder that even if you play Overwatch, Diablo, or any other Blizzard game, you can still communicate with others in the BattleTag system.

Blizzard is steady with the patches and new content, so there should be something for everyone. The latest is the Return to Karazhan. As always, if you have any interest there are numerous people to help. While our Alliance side is a bit low on population, the Horde side is where all the Boondock Sith action takes place. So in that honor, FOR THE HORDE!!