Main Forum
Page
of 2

Fundraiser: healz needs to gtfo of Venezuela

16 replies
Before I post this, I'd like to thank Kaisa for allowing me to post this.

What happened?
As some of you may remember, last year an attempt was made to help me get out of the country and start a new life in the US. However, Political instability, a rocky relationship between both countries which can all be blamed to the government on this side of the map got in the way and it wasn’t a success.
Not only were Visa appointments stopped over here which prevented the most important piece of document from being delivered to me but the fundraiser itself presented another problem; each donation received through gofundme got a cut of about 7% each which lowered the final amount. Also, said fundraiser was suddenly stopped for personal reasons that were out of our control to the one who started it for me and so it all fell to pieces. I tried to set my sights to Ecuador but things changed as the government here made it more difficult to leave.
After having to deal in black market, being that the only way to get dollars, in order to turn donations into actual cash I’m left with 150$.
I cannot enter the US legally and so my plan is to redirect my attention and destination to Colombia, which is hours from here. I already have my passport and my border pass.

What is the plan now?
My plan is to travel to Medellin, rent and food is relatively cheap and there is a good work market for what I do. I’m a certified nursing assistant and paramedic so getting a job there is a more realistic opportunity than working here for about 12$ a month. Colombia has made it easier for us Venezuelans to immigrate so I want to take that chance and change my life for the better.

There have been days where I’ve been unable to provide food for my own mother and that as a son makes me feel like garbage and that is something I want to change

What is the budget?
As I mentioned previously, I already have 150$ left. For the whole travel, staying and food I need approximately another 600$ to complete the journey. That is more than enough to support myself for a couple of months until I can get myself a job and start getting back on my feet and help my family.
Due to issues I mentioned about Gofundme or other systems, plus our government attempting to seize control of any transaction regarding US dollars, or even arresting individuals dealing in said currency, PayPal and Amazon Giftcards can be accepted.
I don’t own the PayPal account so if anyone is willing to donate through there I’m required to get a screenshot of the transaction.

For Amazon GC the email is:
Copy
kanturucore@gmail.com

For PayPal the email is as follows:
Copy
Admin@solucionesascii.com.ve

As stated previously, I'm required to send a screenshot of the transaction as I am not the one who owns the paypal account

I can post Proof of purchases for this trip because I can understand not using a site like that can be tricky, thank you everyone

Current Progress: 725$ ====> 600$
Attached Images
51b6cc11821adeb1.png
7c0f75c7c020e685.png
Posted Sep 14, 17 · OP · Last edited Nov 29, 17
List
Undo
Updated a bit of progress, I received a 15$ donation. It didn't show from whom, so I thank the anonymous panda
51b6cc11821adeb1.png
7c0f75c7c020e685.png
Posted Sep 22, 17 · OP
Received another one (thank you anonymous panda!).

There is some goods, there is already a good posibility of being hired upon arrival. Some nurses I worked with are in Colombia and told me they need CNAs and they will be giving my resume over there as they wait for me. Now more than ever I can say I'll take all the help I can get
51b6cc11821adeb1.png
7c0f75c7c020e685.png
Posted Sep 28, 17 · OP
List
Undo
Got 2 more and I updated the progress. Now I'm at 135$ out of 600$. Thank you very much!
51b6cc11821adeb1.png
7c0f75c7c020e685.png
Posted Oct 5, 17 · OP
As an update, Healz has a job lined up once he gets to Columbia. Just needs enough to get there now!
3ae544cc44d3f42d.png
Posted Oct 12, 17
List
Undo
I think this falls in the great news category but as Faulig said, job in Colombia is no longer a posibility but a certainty. I got a call and they told me once I get into Colombia they will expect me to present myself at the hospital to start working asap
Now more than ever I will take all the help I can get in order to move so even if you can do 5-10$ it will still help and will be well invested
51b6cc11821adeb1.png
7c0f75c7c020e685.png
Posted Oct 17, 17 · OP
List
Undo
Free can you pm me your first and last name? I'm going to try and call in a favor, see if I can't speed this up a little bit.
e0e279cdcef44e36.png
Posted Oct 17, 17 · Last edited Oct 17, 17
Love
List
Undo
Free, I reached out to you on Facebook to try and get a hold of you. Try to respond back as soon as you are able, I would like if you and I can take a few minutes and talk in Discord. I'll send you a message there as well. Take care buddy.
e0e279cdcef44e36.png
Posted Oct 19, 17
Thanks Riggs, hopefully it works out well. As an update,we're at 235$ out of 600.
51b6cc11821adeb1.png
7c0f75c7c020e685.png
Posted Oct 20, 17 · OP
Well unfortunately my efforts have failed this time around.

Here was the original plan:

I've got a few good friends in real life that have pretty decent followings you Youtube. The plan was to get them involved and do a fundraiser and we were all on board for it. However, after some long conversations about it my consensus was that if they made the exception and did it for me, then every time someone needed help they would get bugged to do gofundmes or other fundraiser type drives. It would be a vicious cycle and I completely understand, so I halted it. I'm still looking for another solution so if anyone would like to offer some ideas then I'm definitely all ears.
e0e279cdcef44e36.png
Posted Oct 23, 17 · Last edited Oct 23, 17
Page
of 2
NoticeNotices