Main Forum
Page
of 13

Recipes

120 replies
I have been contemplating putting my recipe for Gumbo on here. The dilemma I have though is that is can be quite the arduous task the first few times you make, since I make a real Gumbo from roux (no offense to those out there whom might make what they call Gumbo with a fish stock, but I consider that more like a stew.) I'm part Cajun and a roux base is quintessential for Louisiana style gumbo. I do however, use a partially made store bought roux and brown it even more instead of making it from scratch, which is a real pain in the ass. If y'all would like me to post because you want to make some let me know and I'll post it up here.
709ac5bc381a4b94.png
Posted Jun 13, 12 · OP
Now I'm going to get tricky on you. You'll have to message me for the secret ingredient in this recipe, and believe me it makes all the difference in the world. Without it, you just have another ordinary potato salad.

Ohh, this makes a pretty darn big bowl of potato salad so if you don't have to serve a lot of people cut it in half.

Potato Salad

Ingredients

Five pounds of potatoes (cut into approx. 1/2 in chunks)
6 to 8 eggs boiled, peeled, and chopped
1 ½ cups chopped celery
1 ½ cups chopped bell pepper
2 cups chopped green onion
1 cups each of sweet pickle relish, dill relish, and drained salad olives
1 jar drained diced pimentos
1tbls mustard
1 cup mayonnaise, add if you like it wet lees if you like it drier
2 Tbls Tony Chachere's Seasoning
2 Tbls Garlic Salt
1 tsp Pepper
Secret Ingredient

Put potatoes in a large pot and cover with water to about 1 inch over the potatoes. Add 2 Tbls Tony's, 2 Tbls Garlic Salt, 1 tsp pepper, and secret ingredient. Now turn on the heat and boil until potatoes are just done. Dont over cook or you'll have mashed potato salad and everyone will laugh at you. Not really, but I like to throw in a really corny, not all that great joke in somewhere. Drain the potatoes.

Put everything in a bowl, potatoes first would probably be a smart idea, and mix it all together until well incorporated.

Add more garlic salt and pepper to taste.

PS-Please keep the secret ingredient to your self. If I someday open a restaurant this potato salad will be served, and I believe it will be quite popular and I don't want everyone out there knowing how to make it. Thank you.
709ac5bc381a4b94.png
Posted Jun 15, 12 · OP
Man, no one is interested in the secret ingredient? If it was my PS statement, I did not mean to offend, and I humbly ask that if you ask for the secret ingredient you don't go around posting the recipe all over the Internet. Not that any of you would, but I cant be too careful if I plan to make some money off it...LOL :lol:
709ac5bc381a4b94.png
Posted Jun 19, 12 · OP
I dont like potato salad :p
Posted Jun 19, 12
What?? Yeah you do! You have to like potato salad! You simply must! Or else you're a freak who gets a spanking.
144dbcd1f0595fab.png
Posted Jun 19, 12
I put cucumbers in my potato salad. Now I want some thinking about it. :(

"Too much consistency is as bad for the mind as it is for the body. Consistency is contrary to nature, contrary to life. The only completely consistent people are the dead." ~ Aldous Huxley
Posted Jun 19, 12
Ooh, cucumbers is a good idea. I want some too. I'll yell at Wyms to make me something.

Okay, I'm curious. I don't cook, but I wanna know the secret ingredient, anyway. Is it... man-jelly?
144dbcd1f0595fab.png
Posted Jun 19, 12
Nope, not man-jelly but I just sent you the recipe with the secret ingredient listed. Now your of reign of domination can ever expand with this superior knowledge.
709ac5bc381a4b94.png
Posted Jun 19, 12 · OP
HA HAAAA! I know the secret ingredient! That's pretty cool, actually. I remember the commercials for some of that stuff from back in the day. I will say no more.
144dbcd1f0595fab.png
Posted Jun 19, 12
Kreep wrote:
HA HAAAA! I know the secret ingredient! That's pretty cool, actually. I remember the commercials for some of that stuff from back in the day. I will say no more.

Hmm is it from a commercial like this?!?!?! o_o
(BTW last line... is horrible! lol)

"Too much consistency is as bad for the mind as it is for the body. Consistency is contrary to nature, contrary to life. The only completely consistent people are the dead." ~ Aldous Huxley
Posted Jun 20, 12
Page
of 13
NoticeNotices