Main Forum
Page
of 3

Server Transfer: Pandamonium Moving to The Shadowlands

22 replies
Yay for Pandas!

Sadly, true on the forcing name changes. I was kinda hoping that Tyrania would be lost so I could rename her Cheyana or go back to Misiri (her original name). Oh well. On the upside, I lucked out and kept all my names except for one low level Pub banker alt and I have a gagillion alts now.

~Chey
Posted Sep 18, 12
I just logged in and was astonished that one of my names was actually taken. Luckily it was my new sorc, but it is still amazing. It is the first time I have ever seen someone else with one of my obscure names.

Devs said that factors like play time and whether the character had been merged before were taken into account for who was forced to change names. I tried to force a name change on one of mine by making a level 1 before the merge, but it was forced to change by my higher level toon.

Here's hoping people get to keep the ones they wanted.
White on my wasted path
Wave after wave in wrath
Frets 'gainst his fellow, warring where to send me.
Flung forward, heaved aside,
Whitless and dazed I bide
The mercy of the comber that shall end me.
Posted Sep 18, 12
I managed to keep all of my names...much to my surprise. I thought for sure I would have to re-name alts yet again.
Posted Sep 18, 12
Dumbass question, but is this ultimately a bad sign? Does the consolidation of multiple servers (I logged on earlier and saw there were like 8 servers total for NA) mean the game is rapidly declining? Not really in the know with things like this.
2d2542c99bf55154.png
Posted Sep 18, 12
Doesn't necessarily mean anything since this was an upgrade to high capacity servers. The boat ain't sinkin' yet!
kaisa_signature.png
Posted Sep 18, 12 · OP
Just making sure! I'm going down with the ship!
2d2542c99bf55154.png
Posted Sep 18, 12
You may want to be careful about posting anything regarding "going down" where Jackie or Fastlane can read it.
Posted Sep 18, 12
*snicker* Have to be careful around here.

I do think he game is struggling relative to expectations, but here are still far more people playing than were on Champions Online. That game went F2P and has had quite a successful run since. The only downside is a lack of major content updates.

I hope SWTOR can at least add more story content every year, but twice a year would be far better for convincing players that they are dedicated and won't pull the plug. Here's hoping it can last at leat as long as CoH, which was no where close to as good as SWTOR and lasted 8+ years.
White on my wasted path
Wave after wave in wrath
Frets 'gainst his fellow, warring where to send me.
Flung forward, heaved aside,
Whitless and dazed I bide
The mercy of the comber that shall end me.
Posted Sep 18, 12
How quickly our little Grym has grown up. *sniff* Kinda makes me proud.

~Chey
Posted Sep 18, 12
Ship=my package? hmm, one must wonder about these things lmao
fast2.jpg
Posted Sep 19, 12
Page
of 3
NoticeNotices