Main Forum
Page
of 3

Quintessential Conversations: "One Night in Nar Shadaa"

25 replies
1006997.jpg

Well, here it is: a Star Wars Film Noir.

Thanks to everyone involved for helping to make this happen. Big thanks to E'va and Xoltan for helping with recording. And big thanks to the cast for enduring the filming process. I know it's tedious and grueling. I just hope the final product is good enough for you all to feel your contribution was worthwhile.

Smoochies,
Kreep

CAST

Detective Clusterquark - Amawyn (Henry)
Voluptua Zane - Wymsical (Mariclare)
Tabitha Turncoat - Djek (Maria)
Tootsie the Trick - Mandy (Mandy)
Detective Tommy Palermo - Rhean (Dan)

Cheers!
144dbcd1f0595fab.png
Posted Jan 17, 13 · OP
Awesome job all! :d :thumb:

*snicker* Ama swore! *snicker more*

"Too much consistency is as bad for the mind as it is for the body. Consistency is contrary to nature, contrary to life. The only completely consistent people are the dead." ~ Aldous Huxley
Posted Jan 17, 13
Kreep, love your writing and editing, and Ama, Wym, Many and Rhean did cool things with their toons and voices! My favorite shot is
Spoiler: SpilerShow

And despite what you say about "grueling and tedious work," it was really interesting to take part. Thanks a lot for doing this and for letting a noob like me to tag along.
DjekForumSig.png
Posted Jan 17, 13
Brilliant! I loved it. Great editing and "camera angles." I was a photographer professionally for a while and you frame the shots really well. Fantastic voice acting, too! Looking forward to the next.
Posted Jan 17, 13
I'm super jealous. I LOVE film noir, and that tends to be my particular writing style. Very well done, and I loved the music. It made me want to start writing again. :p

Just a taste since I'm 'working' from home today and have nothing to do. (I always start things with a quote) :p

"Some rise by sin, and some by virtue fall."

I can't really recall the exact day or circumstances that lead to my turning against the empire. Infiltrate enough hidden bases and listen to enough madmen rant about the state of the galaxy, and you start to wonder if you've been seeing the world through rose colored glasses.

Nearest I can remember it all started with a party. If you've seen one party you've seen them all. Fake bodies in fake jewels wearing fake smiles. The only thing you can trust to be real is the cold steel snuggling gently against your ribs and the burn of the alcohol sliding down your throat.

I remember distinctly that it was raining. Hard, thick drops were weeping from the heavens like so many lost souls leaving the world behind by splattering their meaningless lives against the cold concrete outside. Even the glaring of the band and the soft murmur of conversation couldn't drown out the impacts.

Despite the rain people were still arriving in their stretched cruisers and million credit speeders. Protected by the centuries old entrance they paid little mind to the weather as it raged around them. Nothing short of death itself could wipe those fake smiles from their perch, and if I recall correctly, I didn't have to wait long for that to happen.
White on my wasted path
Wave after wave in wrath
Frets 'gainst his fellow, warring where to send me.
Flung forward, heaved aside,
Whitless and dazed I bide
The mercy of the comber that shall end me.
Posted Jan 17, 13
Hineni, I very much want more of that thing you posted! Maybe we (YOU!) should start a thread for writing?
DjekForumSig.png
Posted Jan 17, 13
kreep this was great.

All involved did great but have to say Ama was awesome
Posted Jan 17, 13
I loved this video!! So funny, I was laughing the whole last quarter and had to rewind it! Tootsie's voice, oh man. And Djek being a rebel scum, HAHAHAHAAA.
c8e2dcec53dace10.png
Posted Jan 17, 13
Yeah, Tootsie's voice was perfect. I was honestly expecting her to be mysteriously extricated off that balcony. :p
White on my wasted path
Wave after wave in wrath
Frets 'gainst his fellow, warring where to send me.
Flung forward, heaved aside,
Whitless and dazed I bide
The mercy of the comber that shall end me.
Posted Jan 17, 13
Wow! That was awesome! Kreep's cinematography skills were unbelievable, and what a great job on the voices. Totally impressive piece of work!
Posted Jan 18, 13
Page
of 3
NoticeNotices