Main Forum
Page
of 21

Music

209 replies

I think it was me and Shämeless were talking about watsky the other day
PFT2kdU.pngfYOg0zG.png
Posted Nov 21, 14
Sooooo...with Thanksgiving behind us and Christmas looming, things are getting a bit silly. We've gone full Disney now.

5c7042a4dcab063f.png
Posted Dec 14, 14
Best Old Bands in the world no discussions necessary, The Who & Led Zeppelin.

Late 60's through 70's
BTO, Pink Floyd, The Doors, Grateful Dead, YES, Old Billy Joel, Aerosmith up until Toys in the Attic, Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band, ELP, Queen, Beatles, Beach Boys, Jimi Hendrix, Janus Joplin, Rolling Stones, Heart.

80's
The Clash, U2, Elvis Costello, REM, Def Leopard, Van Halen (DLR only), Metallica, Motley Crue, Guns and Roses, L.A. Guns, Faster Pussycat, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, Duran Duran, Queensyrce.

90's
Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Screaming Trees, Mother Love Bone, Smashing Pumpkins

Best New band in the World and maybe one of the best all time if they can keep it together MUSE.
Rise Against, Alkaline Trio, Snow Patrol, 1976, Three Door Cinema Club, My Chemical Romance, 311, Puddle of Mud, Linkin Park, Stone Sour.

2010 +
Nothing really stands out but I do like Katy Perry, Gym Class Heroes, Fall Out Boy.
befd52ce2f134dfd.png
bf56716d336e8cdd.png
0c6a328fed6ea330.png
9597903bce2342b7.png
Posted Feb 5, 15
Every time I hear the song "just cant get enough' by Depeche Mode I picture pandas dancing lol
Posted Feb 12, 15
wrote:
Best New band in the World and maybe one of the best all time if they can keep it together MUSE.

I seem to be in the minority, but I thought their last record was their worst. And I've found that they're one of those bands where I usually only like 1 - 3 songs on a record and could do without the rest.

In my opinion, your list is missing System of a Down and where's Ozzy / Black Sabbath?

Wait, Linkin Park made the list?
Posted Feb 12, 15
Everything after "black holes and revelations" by muse is absolute pandering garbage, and I say that as one of their biggest fans.
PFT2kdU.pngfYOg0zG.png
Posted Feb 12, 15
wrote:
They're back on my personal favorites list, but I tend to ignore the albums that happened between Meteora and Living Things.

Currently, I am Repeat Playlist'ing the love out of Starset. <3
59f6bf2c5a711bc5.png
Empire: Meilin - Ixira - Çerrin - Delain
Republic: Sylani - Aranoreth
============================================
Faulig: "Actual Çerrin, what's the alt code for your name?"
Posted Feb 12, 15
wrote:
wrote:

I seem to be in the minority, but I thought their last record was their worst. And I've found that they're one of those bands where I usually only like 1 - 3 songs on a record and could do without the rest.

In my opinion, your list is missing System of a Down and where's Ozzy / Black Sabbath?

I think past the first comment about The Who/Zep he was just listing who he liked, rather than trying to name the best bands of those eras, because clearly any list like that would contain Steely Dan, Rage Against the Machine and Rush.

^ Flat out inarguable.

:roll:
Posted Feb 12, 15
Cal
Best Band / Worst Band - whomever makes this list is purely based on the individual making the list. That is why I always thought any Award show was purely commercialized BullShit....

How can anyone judge ART ????
Every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are.
Posted Feb 12, 15 · Last edited Feb 13, 15
If you look at which "artists" sell the most albums and make the most money, the correlation between that and "artistic value" is tenuous at best. Of course, that is an opinion because beauty is in the eye of the beholder. If Kanye or Taylor Swift are the most successful, are they not they greatest artists? If supporting them indicates a vote of preference, at least? (I feel dirty saying that) Does that also mean McDonald's has the "best" food? Its a difficult argument that trends deeper into culture than I really want to delve into. Everyone has their own opinion of what is good/bad or art/crap and many are at the same time possessive of their favorites and vehemently opposed to what they don't like.

I'm sure Nickelback is quite content with their album sales, as an example of a musical act that people go out of their way to trash because it gives them some sort of artistic credibility. We also tend to get wrapped up in the causes, politics, and culture of musical acts and tend to "like" people we agree with and dislike those we don't.

So, as to all of the above, I agree with some, disagree with others, and have my own opinions on what music I like.

For the record, Led Zeppelin FTW.
Posted Feb 12, 15
Page
of 21
NoticeNotices