Main Forum
Page
of 21

Music

209 replies
"You've got quite the list there Calihye.... I totally want to see a show with Alanis M. opening for Iron Maiden, opening for Hank Williams Jr."

LOL! I totes wanna see that show.
Posted Aug 25, 13 · OP
My taste in music tends to stay on the rock end of the spectrum. I lived a rather sheltered life during the 80s/early 90s, so I never really got into rock from those eras. Although I am a pretty big fan of bands that do acoustic covers of their songs.

Some of my favorite bands:
Fall Out Boy
My Chemical Romance
Black Veil Brides
Breaking Benjamin
Chevelle
EVE 6
Bullet for My Valentine
Disturbed
Trapt

Special Mentions:
A Day to Remember <--- (Hilarious Punk metal band that also does awesome acoustic covers of some of their songs)

Ludo <--- (I just love these guys...their band is too funny and many of their songs show it. They've got some beautiful songs in their albums as well. They're one of those bands you can listen to the whole album and not skip a song.)

Boyce Avenue <--- (*AMAZING* acoustic cover band...they've covered a ton of Pop, R&B and Rock songs. These guys blow me away!)
a9d785dd6b2db6b6.png
Posted Aug 26, 13 · Last edited Aug 26, 13
So for the most part i could just copy/past caliheye and keshis lists, throw in that I too love Alt-j otto, and be done. I will say that these are my two favorite songs (as wierd as it may be)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WM7-PYtXtJM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmwRQqJsegw
PFT2kdU.pngfYOg0zG.png
Posted Aug 26, 13
I like Fall Out Boy and Breaking Benjamin too.
Yay! people like music I like!
Posted Aug 26, 13 · OP
AC/DC
Van Halen
Def Leppard
Pink Floyd
The Cars
David Bowie
U2
Debbie Harry
Rolling Stones
Queen
The Who
Led Zeppelin
Aerosmith
Steve Vai
Eric Clapton
Robin Trower
Moby

and

Louis Armstrong

Any basic in your face rock from the 70s and 80s when it was fresh and not a bad recycle job of something the greats already did.

Even as old dudes those guys can rock ;-)

I miss Tirrian playing his mom's old LPs on raid.
Posted Aug 26, 13 · Last edited Aug 26, 13
I'm right there with ya Chey. I like that ol' time rock'n roll!
Posted Aug 26, 13 · OP

another of my favorites
and speaking of old guys that still kick major ass live, I love seeing these guys and do so as often as possible

just because
PFT2kdU.pngfYOg0zG.png
Posted Aug 27, 13 · Last edited Aug 27, 13
Cal
This question almost is a defining one of personality, taste ( acquired or born with ) and genre in which you grew up or were surrounded by.

Being born in the late 60's, I grew up listening to;
Black Sabbath, Led Zepplin, Pink Floyd, Aerosmith, The Beatles, The Doors, Paul McCartney and the Wings, John Denver ( my Colorado upbringing) Kiss, Fleetwood Mac , David Bowie, Rod Stewart, CCR, BTO, Barry White, James Taylor, Doobie Brothers, The Clash and Kool and the Gang

Hitting a private High School in B-More;
Jane's Addiciton, Echo and the Bunnymen, OMD, New Order ( formed from Joy Division ), Husker Du, The Cure, REM, The Smiths, U2,

THEN, I moved back to South Jersey and hit the Hair Metal Bands;
Metallica, L.A. Guns, Queensryche, Loverboy, Bon Jovi, Scorpions, DEO, Motley Crue, Def Leppard, Van Halen and GnR

I joined the Army and was bombarded with different music;
Smashing Pumpkins, Bob Marley, 2 Pac, Dr. Dre, Temple of the Dog ( Pearl Jam and Soundgarden ) Alice n Chains, Mother Love Bone, Screeming Trees, STP, Mudhoney, Shaggy, DMX, Lords of Acid, Al Green, Pantera, and NIN to name a few

I also began to delve into some classical composers and early Blues;
Mozart, Beethoven, Bach ( best name for a composition ever " on the G string " ), Wagner, Brahms, Handel, Chopin, Byrd, Mendelssohn, Gershwin, Bizet, Schubert, Vivaldi ,Willie McTell, Blind Willie Johnson, Robert Johnson, Skip James,

I got into some others but those are the big ones in my life. I will leave you with three videos that are pure classic.

I used to fall asleep to this coming back from the beach in the back of my mothers' 68 Baby Blue Mustang fastback

you can almost feel the sorrow as he plucks in this one...maybe a snifter of whiskey has been drunk to this

For my wife while I was on my last tour in Iraq. You folks are the only ones, besides my wife, I have shown this too
Who the FUCK is cutting onions.......It's been 5 years and I still get a little.......

so there is a few of mine

CAL
Every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are.
Posted Aug 27, 13 · Last edited Aug 27, 13
Ok so I didn't get a chance to look at a lot of these videos until now.

I LOVE that whipped cream song. And those guys doing 3 doors down are AMAZING!

Cal I can't see the last video! It never loads it just gives me the never ending swirl of doom.
Posted Aug 29, 13 · OP · Last edited Aug 29, 13
I stated in my profile I don't listen to a lot of music. I frankly find it really distracting and unable to concentrate on anything (must be my music education--I am always analyzing the music). most of what I do listen to happens while I'm driving and fall under two categories: rock/alt and musicals. on my iPhone I have:

Weezer
Muse
No Doubt

for musicals I have:
Hairspray
Nightmare Before Christmas
Avenue Q
Chicago
Bare

my favorite classical composers are Beethoven, Mendelssohn, Dvorak, and Copland
37420a1a4fc104df.png
Posted Aug 29, 13